Event ID 681 - The logon to account: %2 by: %1 from workstation: %3 failed
|Description||The logon to account: %2 by: %1 from workstation: %3 failed.|
One is not sure what %2 and %3 could be for this event ID.
This log data gives the following information:
|The logon to account: %2 by: %1 from workstation: %3 failed. The error code was: %4.|
Why event ID 681 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus account logon real-time pre-configured reports help identify miscreant users attempting logon into machines that requires elevated privileges and provide evidence for any action administered by any user. These reports can be advantageously in overcoming account logon audit challenges.
Event 681 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 681 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4776
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools