Event ID 4726 - A user account was deleted
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||A user account was deleted|
When a user account is deleted in Active Directory, event ID 4726 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Member: Deleted user account||Security ID
Why event ID 4726 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks User Lifecycle Changes like creation, deletion, and modification of user accounts in real-time which makes Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4726 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4726 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 630