Event ID 4731 - A security-enabled local group was created
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A security-enabled global group was created|
When a security-enable local group is created, event ID 4731 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|New Group||Security ID
|Attributes||SAM Account Name
Why event ID 4731 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4731 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4731 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 635
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools