Event ID 4739 - Domain Policy was changed
|Sub category||Audit Authentication Policy Change|
|Description||Domain policy was changed|
When a domain policy is changed in Active Directory, event ID 4739 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Changes made||Min. Password Age
Max. Password Age
Lockout Observation Window
Min. Password Length
Password History Length
Machine Account Quota
Mixed Domain Mode
Domain Behavior Version
|New Account: Changed user account||Security ID
Why event ID 4739 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
Real-time Group Policy change audit reports from ADAudit Plus audits all changes that happen to a Group Policy object over its lifetime and provides a clear insight on the history of changes made to the Group Policy object.
Event 4739 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4739 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 643
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools