Event ID 4756 - A member was added to a security-enabled universal group
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A member was added to a security-enabled universal group|
When Active Directory objects such as an user/group/computer is added to a universal security group, event ID 4756 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Member: Object added to the distribution group||Security ID
|Group: Distribution group to which the object was added||Security ID
Why event ID 4756 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks critical activities such as adding or removing user/group/computer to security and distribution groups, thus making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4756 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4756 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 660