Event ID 4782 - The password hash an account was accessed
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||The password hash for an account was accessed|
When the password hash for an account is accessed, event ID 4782 gets logged.
During password migration of an account, if the password hash for the account is accessed, event ID 4782 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Target Account||Account Name
Why event ID 4782 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
User history reports from ADAudit Plus provides information on all the change actions done on a selected user during his life cycle.
Event 4782 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools