Event ID 4784 - A basic application group was changed
|Sub category||Application group management|
|Description||A basic application group was changed|
In Active Directory, when a basic application group was changed, event ID 4784 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Attributes||SAM Account Name
Why event ID 4784 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks critical activities such as creation, deletion or modification of user/group/computer, thus making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4784 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10