Event ID 4792 - An LDAP query group was deleted
|Sub category||Application group management|
|Description||An LDAP query group was deleted|
In Active Directory, when an LDAP query group or a Business Rule Application group (BRAP) is deleted, event ID 4792 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Attributes||SAM Account Name
Why event ID 4792 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks critical activities such as creation, deletion or modification of user/group/computer, thus making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4792 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4792 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 696
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools