Event ID 4797 - An attempt was made to query the existence of a blank password for an account
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||An attempt was made to query the existence of a blank password for an account|
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Additional Information||Caller Workstation
Target Account Name
Target Account Domain
Why event ID 4798 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus offers 'User management activity' reports that lists all the management actions done by any selected user or technician on Users, Computers and Groups in the Domain. It comprehensively displays actions executed by users in the form of easily understandable graphical charts and reports. Actions like user/computer account or groups changed, deleted, disabled, enabled, password set and account unlocked are audited, reported and highlighted through in these reports.
Event 4797 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10