Event ID 5376 - Credential Manager credentials were backed up
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||Credential Manager credentials were backed up|
In Windows, passwords are stored in Credential Manager for websites, shared folders, VPNs, and more. When you back up these stored credentials, event ID 5377 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
Why event ID 5376 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus offers 'User management activity' reports that lists all the management actions done by any selected user or technician on Users, Computers and Groups in the Domain. It comprehensively displays actions executed by users in the form of easily understandable graphical charts and reports.
Event 5376 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10