Event ID 624 - User Account Created
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||A user account was created|
When a user account is created in Active Directory, event ID 624 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|New Account: Created user account||Security ID
|Attributes (of the new account):||SAM Account Name
User Principal Name
Password Last Set
Primary Group ID
Allowed To Delegate To
Old UAC Value
New UAC Value
User Account Control:
Why event ID 624 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks User Lifecycle Changes like creation, deletion, and modification of user accounts in real-time which makes Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 624 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 624 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4720
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools