Event ID 626 - User Account Enabled
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||A user account was enabled|
When a user account is enabled in Active Directory, event ID 626 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Target Account: Enabled user account||Security ID
Why event ID 626 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus makes Active Directory auditing very easy by tracking User Status Changes like user enabled or disabled in a selected period of time in real-time with the help of pre-defined reports and instant alerts
Event 626 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 626 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4722
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools