Event ID 647 - Computer Account Deleted
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A computer account was deleted|
In Active Directory, when a computer account is deleted, event ID 647 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Target computer||Security ID
Why event ID 647 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks critical activities such as creation, deletion or modification of user/group/computer, thus making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 647 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 647 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4743
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools