Event ID 648 - Security Disabled Local Group Created
|Sub category||Distribution group management|
|Description||A security-disabled local group was created|
When a local distribution group is created, event ID 648 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|New Group: Created local distributed group||Security ID
|Attributes||SAM Account Name
Why event ID 648 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 648 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 648 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4744
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools