Event ID 649 - Security Disabled Local Group Changed
|Audit Security Group Management
|A security-disabled local group was changed
When a distributed local group is changed, event ID 649 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action
|Group: Changed distributed local group
|SAM Account Name
Why event ID 649 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 649 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 649 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4745
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools