Event ID 650 - Security Disabled Local Group Member Added
|Sub category||Distribution group management|
|Description||A member was added to a security-disabled local group|
When Active Directory objects such as an user/group/computer is added to a distributed local group, event ID 650 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Member: Object added to the distribution group||Security ID
|Group: Distribution local group to which the object was added||Security ID
Why event ID 650 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 650 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 6509 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4746
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools