Event ID 661 - Security Enabled Universal Group Member Removed
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A member was removed from a security-enabled universal group|
When Active Directory objects such as an user/group/computer is removed from a universal security group, event ID 661 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Member: Removed user/group/computer||Security ID
|Group: Universal security group from which the object was removed||Security ID
Why event ID 661 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 661 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 661 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4757
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools