Event ID 663 - Security Disabled Universal Group Created
|Sub category||Distribution group management|
|Description||A security-disabled universal group was created|
When a universal distribution group is created in Active Directory, event ID 663 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|New Group: Created universal distribution group||Security ID
|Attributes||SAM Account Name
Why event ID 663 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 663 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID for 663 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4759
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools