Event ID 669 - Add SID History
|Description||Add SID History|
When SID history is added to an account in Active Directory, event ID 669 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Source Account Name
Source Account ID
Target Account Name
Target Account ID
Caller User Name
Caller Logon ID
Why event ID 669 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
Real-time Group Policy change audit reports from ADAudit Plus audits all changes that happen to a Group Policy object over its lifetime and provides a clear insight on the history of changes made to the Group Policy object.
Event 669 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools