Event ID 670 - Add SID History
|Add SID History
When SID history is added to an account which allows the SID to be used in other forests in Active Directory, event ID 669 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Source Account Name
Target Account Name
Target Account ID
Caller User Name
Caller Logon ID
Why event ID 670 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
Real-time Group Policy change audit reports from ADAudit Plus audits all changes that happen to a Group Policy object over its lifetime and provides a clear insight on the history of changes made to the Group Policy object.
Event 670- applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools