Event ID 688 - Basic Application Group Changed
|Description||A basic application group was changed|
In Active Directory, when a basic application group was changed, event ID 688 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|New Account Name
New Account ID
Caller User Name
Caller Logon ID
Sam Account Name
Why event ID 688 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks critical activities such as creation, deletion or modification of user/group/computer, thus making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 688 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools