Linking EMC / Windows File Servers to the GPO
Linking Servers to the Group Policy Object in-order to apply desired Audit Policy:
The configured Group Policy object can be applied to all desired EMC / Windows File Servers by following the options provided below.
- Option 1: Linking a Group Policy object to an OU containing desired servers.
- Option 2: Add File Servers via 'Security Filtering' to a Domain linked GPO.
Option 1: Linking a Group Policy object to an OU containing desired EMC / Windows File Servers.
- From the Active Directory
Users and Computers Console (ADUC) create a 'New Organizational Unit (OU)' in the default Domain.
- Add all audit required File Servers to this Organizational Unit.
- Now link the created Organizational Unit to a Group Policy object that has the audit policy Audit Object Access configured in it.
Fig: Linking a Group Policy object to an OU containing
desired EMC / Windows File Servers
This scenario is applicable for organizations that maintain a separate OU for various Servers.
Option 2: Add EMC / Windows File Servers via 'Security Filtering' to a Domain linked GPO
- Create a Group Policy Object for the 'Domain'.
the audit policy 'Audit Object Access
Success / Failure in it.
- Add the "File Servers"(Computer
Objects) that require audit into the Security
Filtering settings of this Group Policy Object .
- The Settings in the GPO
will only be applied to the computers listed under Security Filtering settings of the GPMC.
Fig : Add EMC / Windows File Servers that require audit into the Security
Filtering settings of Domain Group Policy Object
Copyright © 2014, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.