Error 70012- A server error occurred while authenticating an MSA (consumer) user.
About Azure Activity sign-in activity reports:
Azure Active Directory's reporting tool generates 'Sign-in activity' reports that give you insights on who has performed the tasks that are enlisted in the Audit logs.
- All Sign-in activity reports can be found under the Activity section of Azure Active Directory.
- The default list view of Audit logs can be customized by adding additional fields.
- The reports can also be filtered to let you view only the activities that are relevant.
- Here is an example of how a sign-in activity report looks like:
A server error occurred while authenticating an MSA (consumer) user. If it continues to fail, raise a support ticket.
Steps to raise a support ticket:
Raise a support ticket as follows:
- Sign into the Azure portal and open Azure Active Directory.
- Scroll down to Troubleshooting + Support tab and select New support request.
- On the Basics tab, for Issue type, select Technical.
- For Service, select Azure Active Directory, and then click next.
- On the Problem tab, select a Severity level.
- Select a problem type, and then select a Category for that type. At this point, you are also offered self-help information for your problem category.
- Add the rest of your problem information and click Next.
- Provide your contact information and click Create.
Auditing Azure AD environments with ADAudit Plus:
ADAudit Plus offers change monitoring for your Azure AD environment with the following features:
- Correlated view across hybrid environments
- Real-time alerts
- Schedulable reports
- Autonomous change remediation
- Comprehensive search
- Out-of-the-box compliance reports