How to remove Active Directory in Windows Server 2008?
- Run "dcpromo" in your Windows Active Directory environment.
- This opens up the Active Directory Installation Wizard. This wizard is used to promote a server to a DC, as well as remove Active Directory from a server.
- Delete the domain - If this is the last Domain controller in your domain, then this domain will be deleted.
- Remove Application directory partitions - Remove all replicas of the directory partitions stored in this domain controller. Confirm complete removal of all directory partitions in this domain controller.
- Remove DNS delegation - This domain controller contains Active Directory integrated DNS zones that need to be removed along with Active Directory Domain Services. This requires administrative privileges.
- Review your selections- After completing all the steps, confirm all the selections you have made and click Next. This wizard is configuring Active Directory Domain Services. This process can take from a few minutes to several hours, depending on your environment and the options that you selected.
- The computer is rebooted to complete the removal of Active Directory from your Windows 2008 Server.