How to use account lockout status in Active Directory?
The Account Lockout Status tool (lockoutstatus.exe) displays lockout information for a specified user by querying every contactable domain controller (DC) in the user's domain. To install lockoutstatus.exe, perform the following steps:
- Download the Account Lockout Status tool, then execute the downloaded lockoutstatus.msi file.
- Click next to start the installation wizard.
- Check "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click next.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation is complete, click Finish.
- By default, the tool is installed in the C:\program files\windows resource kits\tools folder. Double-click lockoutstatus.exe. From the tool's File menu, click Select Target and enter the user whose status you want to check.
- You can also check a user's lockout information at the command line. To do so, enter the command:
where –u is the username.