Event ID 4627 – Group Membership Information
|Sub-Category||Audit Group Membership|
|Description||Information about the group membership|
Event 4627 is generated along with event 4624 (successful account logon) and shows the entire list of groups that the particular logged-on account belongs to. If all the security information cannot be fit into a single security audit event, multiple events are generated.
This log data provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Event in Sequence
- Group Membership
Why does event ID 4627 need to be monitored?
- To ensure there are no reports from other Security IDs, apart from "NULL SID".
- To track whether members of a specific group have logged on.
- To monitor actions of high value accounts
- To detect anomalies and malicious actions
- To ensure non-active, external, and restricted accounts are not used
- To ensure that only white-listed accounts perform certain specific actions
- To enforce conventions and compliances
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks successful logons by local users and the groups associated with that account, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4627 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Corresponding events in Windows 2003 and before: nil.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools