Event ID 4647 – User Initiated Logoff
|Description||User initiated logoff.|
When a logoff is initiated by a user, event 4647 is generated. Once this event is triggered, user-initiated activities can no longer occur. This is different from event 4634, which is generated when a session no longer exists as it was terminated.
This event is generated when the user logon is of interactive and remote-interactive types, and the logoff was via standard methods. If a user initiates logoff, typically, both 4674 and 4634 will be triggered. Event ID 4674 can be associated with event ID 4624 (successful account logon) using the Logon ID value.
This log data provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
Why does event ID 4647 need to be monitored?
- To monitor actions of high value accounts
- To detect anomalies and malicious actions
- To ensure non-active, external, and restricted accounts are not used
- To ensure that only white-listed accounts perform certain specific actions
- To enforce conventions and compliances
- To ensure restricted computers and devices are not performing any actions.
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all logoff types, helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4647 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Corresponding events in Windows 2003 and before: 551.