Event ID 4800 – The Workstaion Was Locked
|Sub-Category||Other Logon/Logoff Events|
|Description||The workstation was locked.|
If a workstation is locked manually by a user or automatically due to inactivity, event 4800 is generated. If a user returns and unlocks the workstation, event 4801 is triggered. In the case of the user using a screensaver, event 4800 is related to events 4802 and 4803.
This log provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Session ID
Why does event ID 4800 need to be monitored?
- To monitor when all a workstation is locked, and which accounts are used for that purpose
- To monitor actions of high value accounts
- To detect anomalies and malicious actions
- To ensure non-active, external, and restricted accounts are not used
- To ensure that only white-listed accounts perform certain specific actions
- To enforce conventions and compliances
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all Windows Workstation changes, helping you meet your security, compliance, and operational needs with absolute ease.
Event 4800 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools