Event ID 4984 – An IPsec Extended Mode negotiation failed
|Sub-Category||Audit IPsec Extended Mode|
|Description||An IPsec Extended Mode negotiation failed.|
Event 4984 is generated when an IPsec Extended Mode negotiation fails, thus causing the corresponding Main Mode security association to be deleted.
Example of 4984 log:
An IPsec Extended Mode negotiation failed. The corresponding Main Mode security association has been deleted.
Principal Name: %1
Network Address: %3
Keying Module Port: %4
Principal Name: %2
Network Address: %5
Keying Module Port: %6
Keying Module Name: AuthIP
Authentication Method: %9
Impersonation State: %12
Quick Mode Filter ID: %13
Failure Point: %7
Failure Reason: %8
Why does event ID 4984 need to be monitored?
Security events which fall under the Audit IPsec Extended Mode subcategory are monitored primarily for IPsec Extended Mode troubleshooting.
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all IPsec negotiation failures, helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4984 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools