Event ID 551 – User Initiated Logoff
|Description||User initiated logoff|
This event is generated when a user who had logged on interactively or by terminal services has initiated the logoff process. If this event is not registered, it implies that either the system was shut down before the process could be completed, or, that the access tokens are not being managed properly.
This log data provides the following information:
- User Name
- Logon ID
Why does event ID 551 need to be monitored?
- To prevent privilege abuse
- To detect abnormal and potentially malicious activity
- To get information on user activity (like user attendance and peak logoff times)
- To ensure compliance with regulatory mandates
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all logoff types, helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 551 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4647.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools