Event ID 683 – Session Disconnected From Winstation
|Description||Session disconnected from Winstation|
If a user merely disconnects from a terminal server session, instead of initiating a complete logoff, event 683 is generated. A complete logoff is registered as event ID 538.
Event 683 is generated only for information purposes.
This log data provides the following information:
- User Name
- Logon ID
- Session Name
- Client Name
- Client Address
Why does event ID 683 need to be monitored?
- To monitor actions of high value accounts
- To detect anomalies and malicious actions
- To ensure non-active, external, and restricted accounts are not used
- To ensure that only white-listed accounts perform certain specific actions
- To enforce conventions and compliances
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all Windows Workstation changes, helping you meet your security, compliance, and operational needs with absolute ease.
Event 683 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4779.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools