Event ID 4698 – A Scheduled Task Was Created
|Category||Object Access: Other Object Access Events|
|Description||A scheduled task was created.|
Event 4698 is logged every time a new scheduled task is created, and is important as it is a change control event. Each task is identified uniquely by its task name. Events related to 4698 are: 4699, 4700, 4701, and 4702.
This log data provides the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Task Name
- Task Content
Why does event ID 4698 need to be monitored?
- To monitor change control events
- To detect abnormal and potentially malicious activity
- To ensure compliance with regulatory mandates
Through real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus notifies the administrator about the scheduled tasks as and when they are created on the windows server, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4698 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Corresponding event in Windows 2003 and before: 602
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools