Event ID 4897 – Role Separation Enabled
|Category||Object Access: Certification Services|
When Certificate Services is started and the role separation is actually changed, event ID 4897 is logged. Role separation can be optionally enabled for the Certification Authority. If at some point a user's account is compromised but role separation is enabled, then the CA administered by the user will not be compromised as a result.
Why does event ID 4897 need to be monitored?
This event should be monitored to detect anomalous and malicious activity, and to prevent privilege abuse. Role separation is a safety feature which would help in the event of a user account being compromised.
With 200+ reports and real-time email and SMS alerts, ADAudit Plus tracks all certificate services related events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4897 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools