Event ID 5143 – A Network Share Object Was Modified
|Category||Object Access: File Share|
Whenever a network share object is modified, event 5143 is logged. "Comments" about this activity can be found in the advanced Share Properties window.
This event log contains the following information:
- Security ID
- Account Name
- Account Domain
- Logon ID
- Object Type
- Share Name
- Share Path
- Old Remark
- New Remark
- Old MaxUsers
- New MaxUsers
- Old ShareFlags
- New ShareFlags
- Old SD
- New SD
Why does event ID 5143 need to be monitored?
If there are high-value computers for which all modifications to shares (all or specific) must be monitored, then event ID 5143 is of great use. For example, through this event, all changes to the SYSVOL share on domain controllers can be monitored.
ADAudit Plus helps audit all Windows File Server and file share events, thus helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 5143 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools