Event ID 616 – IPSec Policy Agent encountered a potentially serious failure.
If Windows encounters a problem while applying the IPSec policy, event ID 616 is logged by the OS. Though this would be better categorized under IPSec events, like 615, this event is categorized as a Policy Change event.
This log data provides the following information:
- IPSec Services
Why does event ID 616 need to be monitored?
As IPSec supports network-level peer authentication, data confidentiality, data integrity and replay protection, it is prudent to monitor all event which concern Internet Protocol Security. This event is of particular importance as it indicates a potentially serious failure, thus requiring further investigation.
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports highlight the elusive change details, and also provide the old and new values of the modified attributes.
Event 616 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4712.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools