Event ID 622 – System Security Access Removed
Event 622 is logged whenever logon rights are revoked for either a user or a group. The logon right can be of any type, such as "Access this computer from the network"or "Logon as a service". These rights are defined in the group policy objects, and applied by the computer, and thus, the "User Name" field gives the name of the same computer, instead of the name of the user who revoked the right.
Note: This event is logged only when logon rights are revoked; it is not triggered for other category rights.
This log data provides the following information:
- Access Granted
- Account Modified
- Removed By
- User Name
- Logon ID
Why does event ID 622 need to be monitored?
- To ensure logon rights are not revoked for certain accounts and users
- To monitor activities performed by the SYSTEM account
- To monitor activities of high value accounts
- To detect anomalies and malicious activities
- To ensure non-active accounts and external accounts are not used
- To ensure only authorized and whitelisted accounts revoke permissions
- To look out for the activities carried out by restricted computers
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports highlight the elusive change details, and also provide the old and new values of the modified attributes.
Event 622 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4718
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools