Event ID 625 – User Account Type Changed
Event ID 625 is logged when there is a change in a user's account type. This event is similar to event 642, where the user account is completely changed. In later Windows versions, events 625 and 642 are combined into event ID 4738.
This log data provides the following information:
- Target Account Name
- Target Domain
- Target Account ID
- New Type
- Caller User Name
- Caller Domain
- Caller Logon ID
Why does event ID 625 need to be monitored?
- To ensure certain critical user computer accounts are not the target account
- To detect anomalies and malicious activities
- To track certain user account control flags
- To prevent privilege abuse
ADAudit Plus makes Active Directory auditing easier by tracking user status changes, (like enabling or disabling a user) in real-time with the help of pre-defined reports and instant alerts.
Event 625 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4738.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools