Event ID 849 – An application was listed as an exception when the Windows Firewall started.
Event 849 is logged whenever Windows Firewall is started and there are existing application excpetions. This event is generated for every application exception that Windows comes across.
Note: This event is triggered only for Public profiles.
This log data provides the following information:
- Policy Origin
- Profile Used
Why does event ID 849 need to be monitored?
While event 849 is logged typically for informational purposes, it can be used to compare the Public profile Windows Firewall baseline for different computers. Alerts can be set so that if the configuration is different, the administrator is notified.
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports highlight the elusive change details, and also provide the old and new values of the modified attributes.
Event 849 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4945.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools