Event ID 859 – The Windows Firewall group policy settings have been removed.
When the group policy settings of Windows Firewall are deleted (either locally or through Active Directory Group Policy), event 859 is logged. This is applied when the group policy is refreshed.
Why does event ID 859 need to be monitored?
All changes with regards to Windows Firewall need to be monitored since unplanned or unauthorized changes need immediate investigation. It could be a sign of malicious activity.
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports highlight the elusive change details, and also provide the old and new values of the modified attributes.
Event 859 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 2003 and XP
Corresponding event ID in Windows 2008 and Windows Vista is 4954.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools