Event ID 4960 - IPsec dropped an inbound packet that failed an integrity check.
|Description||IPsec dropped an inbound packet that failed an integrity check.|
Reasons to monitor this event:
- If this problem persists, it could indicate a network issue or that packets are being modified in transit to this computer.
- Verify that the packets sent from the remote computer are the same as those received by this computer.
- This error might also indicate interoperability problems with other IPsec implementations.
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all IPsec negotiation failures, helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4960 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10