Event ID 4965 - IPsec received a packet from a remote computer with an incorrect Security Parameter Index (SPI).
|Description||IPsec received a packet from a remote computer with an incorrect Security Parameter Index (SPI).|
This log data gives the following information:
- Remote network address
- Inbound SA SPI
Reasons to monitor this event:
- This is usually caused by malfunctioning hardware that is corrupting packets.
- If these errors persist, verify that the packets sent from the remote computer are the same as those received by this computer.
- This error might also indicate interoperability problems with other IPsec implementations. In this case, if connectivity is not impeded, then these events can be ignored.
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all IPsec security associations, helping you meet your security, operational, and compliance needs with absolute ease.
Event 4965 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10