Event ID 5029-The Windows Firewall Service failed to initialize the driver.
|Description||The Windows Firewall Service failed to initialize the driver. The service will continue to enforce the current policy.|
|Subcategory||Other system events|
Reasons to monitor event:
- Windows logs an error if either the Windows Firewall service or its driver fails to start, or if they unexpectedly terminate.
- This event can be a sign of software or operating system issues, or a sign of malicious activity that corrupted Windows Firewall Driver. We recommend monitoring this event and investigating the reason for the condition.
Event 5029 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10