Event ID 5050 - An attempt to programmatically disable the Firewall was rejected.
|Description||An attempt to programmatically disable Windows Firewall using a call to INetFwProfile.FirewallEnabled (FALSE) interface was rejected because this API is not supported on this version of Windows.|
|Subcategory||MPSSVC Rule-Level Policy Change|
This log data gives the following information:
Reasons to monitor this event:
- The event has most likely occurred due to unavailability of a suitable program to run the API.
- The program used to call the function is incompatible with the version of Windows currently being used and needs to be changed.
With in-depth reports, real-time alerts, and graphical displays, ADAudit Plus tracks all Windows security changes, helping you meet your security, compliance, and operational needs with absolute ease.
Event 5050 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools