Event ID 5056 - A cryptographic self-test was performed.
|Description||The event is generated in the Cryptographic Next Generation (CNG) self test function.|
The event logs the following information:
Reasons to monitor event:
- The event aids in detailed monitoring of CNG-related actions with cryptographic keys.
- If you are in need of troubleshooting actions to be performed on special cryptographic keys, this event would be helpful.
Event 5056 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools