Event ID 5059 - Key migration operation.
|Description||This event is generated when a cryptographic key is exported or imported using a Key Storage Provider(KSP). This event is generated only if one of the following KSPs were used:
|Subcategory||Other system events|
The event logs the following information:
Reasons to monitor event:
- Typically this event is required for detailed monitoring of KSP-related actions with cryptographic keys.
- If you need to monitor actions related to specific cryptographic keys (“Key Name”) or a specific “Operation”, such as “Delete key file”, you can create monitoring rules and use this event as an information source.
Event 5059 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10