Event ID 518 - A notification package has been loaded by the Security Account Manager.
|Description||A notification package has been loaded by the Security Account Manager.This package will be notified of any account or password changes.|
The event logs the following information:
Notification package name - < name of the notification package>
Reasons to monitor this event:
- A rogue notification package would be a devastating security breach because notification packages are supplied with the clear text of the password and are simpler to write and install than authentication packages and logon processes (see event 514 and event 515).
- ADAudit plus collects these notification packages in the form of reports, so that you may view them in real time, as and when it is loaded by the Security Account Manager.
- These reports list the event, the time of occurrence, and the activity that triggered it.
- These reports can also be presented to you as an alert E-mail or SMS with the help of ADAudit Plus' alert profile feature.
Event 518 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows server 2000
- Windows server 2003 and XP
Corresponding event in Windows 2008 and Vista - Event 4614
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools