Event ID 4707 - A trust to a domain was removed
|Sub category||Authentication Change|
|Description||A trust to a domain was removed|
When a trust to a domain is removed, event ID 4707 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Domain Information||Domain Name
Why event ID 4707 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports emphasize on the elusive change details and give a detailed report on the modifications along with the old and new values of the attributes.
Event 4707 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4707 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 611