Event ID 4714 - Encrypted data recovery policy was changed
|Sub category||Authentication policy change|
|Description||Encrypted data recovery policy was changed|
When a computer's security settings or public key policies or the encrypting file system data recovery agent policy is modified in Active Directory, event ID 4714 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
Why event ID 4714 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports emphasize on the elusive change details and give a detailed report on the modifications along with the old and new values of the attributes.
Event 4714 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10