Event ID 4715 - The audit policy (SACL) on an object was changed
|Sub category||Audit policy change|
|Description||The audit policy (SACL) on an object was changed|
When the SACL of an object is changed, event ID 4715 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Audit Policy Change||Original Security Descriptor
New Security Descriptor
Why event ID 4715 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports emphasize on the elusive change details and give a detailed report on the modifications along with the old and new values of the attributes.
Event 4715 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10