Event ID 4716 - Trusted domain information was modified
|Sub category||Authentication policy change|
|Description||Trusted domain information was modified|
When any trust relationships to a domain is modified, event ID 4716 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Trusted Domain||Domain Name
|New Trust Information||Trust Type
Why event ID 4716 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports emphasize on the elusive change details and give a detailed report on the modifications along with the old and new values of the attributes.
Event 4716 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10